Research, Communications, & Event Planning InternshipsPosted on Mayo 18, 2017
Earth Innovation Institute is a not-for-profit, independent research institute with headquarters in San Francisco and offices in Brazil, Indonesia, Peru, and Colombia. We pursue our goals of slowing climate change, conserving tropical forests and fisheries, and improving rural livelihoods by promoting sustainable rural development through a blend of research, consensus-building, policy analysis and reform, and private sector engagement.
EII is seeking two to three dynamic and creative interns to work with its SF-based team for the summer. Internships are designed to provide early-career students and professionals with hands-on training and development to become future leaders in our field. There will be internships open for Research, Multi-stakeholder Dialogue planning, as well as Communications and Development. Interns may also undertake administrative tasks as needed in support of their programs.
Possible Research Internship areas include:
- Indigenous peoples livelihoods in tropical forest regions
- Sustainable commodities supply chains
- Jurisdictional approaches to low-emission rural development (LED-R)
- Smallholder support and inclusion
Possible Communications & Development Internship areas include:
- Video editing and creation
- Social media management
- Photo editing and storage
- Researching and writing informational materials
- Current college student or early-career professional
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent research and critical-thinking skills
- Collaborative and willing to seek appropriate guidance from supervisors when needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Research: Spanish, Portuguese, or Bahasa Indonesian a plus
- Communications: experience with graphic design or video editing a plus
Schedule and Duration of Internship
Internships are for 3-6 months, beginning as early as June; exact start dates to be determined. Schedules are flexible, but interns must be able to dedicate 20-30 hours a week.
Please send a CV, brief writing sample, and one-page cover letter summarizing your interest and relevant experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the internship you are interested in in the subject line of the email, such as “Research Internship”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and will close May 31st.
This is a temporary, part-time internship that provides a stipend of $2,000/month. Interns will also receive invaluable job mentoring and hands-on training.