Development InternPosted on fevereiro 21, 2018
Earth Innovation Institute is a not-for-profit, independent research institute with headquarters in San Francisco and programs in Brazil, Colombia, Indonesia and Peru. We pursue our goals of slowing climate change, conserving tropical forests and fisheries, and improving rural livelihoods by promoting sustainable rural development through a blend of research, consensus-building, policy analysis and reform, and private sector engagement.
EII seeks a Development Intern to assist in the execution and implementation of our fundraising efforts and donor management as we build and diversify our donor base of support. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining experiences in developing a program for individual and foundation giving and in gaining exposure to the work of a small global nonprofit organization.
Essential Job Functions
• Research prospective donors (individuals and foundations)
• Maintain donor database
• Provide logistical support to staff organizing special fundraising events
• Track and evaluate development efforts
• Assist with donor communications
• Support other team activities, as needed
• Strong research and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Enthusiastic self-starter
• Demonstrated passion for environmental sustainability
• Seeking an individual looking to build on their current portfolio
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Some work or volunteer experience desired, preferably in a nonprofit
• Experience working in fast-paced environments
This is an unpaid 3-month position for 30-40 hours per week. Reimbursement for commute transportation may be provided if necessary. Please apply through our Application Webform.