Administrative CoordinatorPosted on Mei 26, 2021
EII seeks a temporary, full-time Administrative Coordinator to coordinate the organization’s administration systems and workflows. This position reports to the Director of Finance. The Administrative Coordinator will be primarily focused on facilitating the administrative aspects of new and existing grants and providing general administrative support for the smooth functioning of the organization. The Administrative Coordinator will play a key coordination role between the financial and programmatic elements of EII’s work. This person will be critical to supporting EII’s internal processes as the organization continues to increase its global reach to support sustainable, forest-friendly development in tropical forest nations.
Please note that this job will begin as a temporary position with the potential to transition to a permanent position.
This is an exciting opportunity for an administrative professional looking to support the internal capacity of a small, well-respected, high-impact, collaborative organization and grow as a nonprofit administrative and management professional.
Ideally, this person will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, although we are open to a remote working arrangement for the right candidate. It should be noted that headquarters staff have currently transitioned away from our San Francisco office due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are working remotely as we evaluate our office needs moving forward.
- Work closely with the Finance Team, Executive Management Team, and regional program teams to coordinate the administrative elements of grant implementation and administration, including contract review and development; invoicing and expense processes; and report coordination
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Provide related administrative, operational, logistical, and development support as needed
The successful candidate will be very organized, diligent and efficient with at least three years of full-time professional administrative experience at a nonprofit organization. They will be team-oriented with a “can-do” attitude and an agile and flexible work style. They will be a clear and direct communicator and adept at managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This person must be a proactive, solutions-oriented professional who takes initiative in moving tasks forward and developing more efficient ways to improve organizational effectiveness.
The successful candidate will also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent computer skills, specifically proficiency with Microsoft Excel and cloud-based file storage systems such as Google Drive
- Strong English writing skills
- Ability to work flexibly in both a collaborative team environment and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a diverse set of colleagues, with an ability to maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from around the globe
- Personal qualities of integrity, dedication, and belief in the mission of Earth Innovation Institute
- (Preferred but not required) Ability to write and speak Spanish and/or Portuguese
- (Preferred but not required) Experience working internationally
Candidates must be qualified to work in the United States and able to occasionally travel and work outside normal business hours when required.
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-time exempt, Temp-to-hire
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Earth Innovation Institute provides a competitive benefits package.
Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Earth Innovation Institute is an equal opportunity employer and deeply committed to diversity in hiring. Applicants from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, sex, national origin, or any other such characteristics.